❂ What is hyperthyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism is the abbreviation of "hyperthyroidism", mainly due to the increased nailive glands secretion, causing the body’s metabolism and sympathetic nerve excitement.The disease of hyperthyroidism not only affects the life, work and study of patients, but also has great harm to fertility.Therefore, it is recommended that patients with children know more about this.
What are the effects of hyperthyroidism on fertility?
1. Female patients with severe hyperthyroidism often irregular menstruation. The period of menstruation is shortened or extended, or even amenorrhea, and irregular ovulation, which reduces the chance of conception.
2. Because patients with hyperthyroidism are often in a state of tension, emotional fluctuations are large, and patients’ adrenal cortex often has hyperplasia, and there is a lack of vitamin A and B to vitamins.These factors may lead to a decline in fertility.
3. Hyperthyroidism can also cause significant decrease in the number and quality of sperm in male patients.
甲 What should I do if I have been pregnant?
After detecting hyperthyroidism, pregnant women do not have to be too nervous. Usually, as long as they go to the hospital for treatment in time, control the thyroid function to the normal range. As long as the indicators remain stable, the pregnancy is generally not required.
1. In terms of treatment, first let the patient rest properly, maintain a good mood, and avoid high mental tension;
2. Pay attention to supplementing sufficient calories and nutrients, including sugar, protein and B vitamins;
3. Patients eat less iodine -containing foods as possible.
Here I remind everyone that hyperthyroidism will have a certain impact on pregnancy and fetus, so it is best to do thyroid function examination before preparing for pregnancy.Secondly, the female patients with hyperthyroidism can be pregnant under normal range and normally within the normal range, and the doctor allows it to be pregnant. Note that it must be reviewed regularly during the period.Finally, if there is hyperthyroidism during pregnancy, then it must be treated in time. At the same time, it is necessary to maintain a pleasant mood, develop good living habits, and a reasonable and healthy diet, which has a great effect on the recovery of patients.